- To integrate PWDs into mainstream society via Supported Employment.
- To provide skills training to ensure inclusion for the people we represent.
- To encourage full participation into community.
- To assist in integration between PWD client and community.
- To become change agents in their lives leading to independent living.
- To counsel and advice job seekers, family/caregivers and employers.
- To obtain and secure jobs suitable to clients and their capabilities.
RANGE OF SERVICES TO A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY (PWD)
- Development of a vocational profile describing needs, skills and preferences concerning employment.
- Assistance in locating and securing a job.
- Assistance in preparing for the application and interview stage.
- Non-discriminatory assessment of the applicant’s ability to perform on the job.
- Effective and individualised training based on a structured, detailed analysis of the tasks to be performed.
- Facilitation and support in dealing with work-related and non-work issues that affect job success.
- Assistance in securing transportation, and parent/guardian support.
- Assistance in dealing with problems that might occur once the individual is employed.
- Assistance in finding a new job if the employee quits, wants another job, is fired or made redundant.
RANGE OF SERVICES TO THE EMPLOYER
- Assurance of meeting the employer’s essential needs.
- Input and assistance in the interviewing and selection of employees hired through the agency.
- Comprehensive job analysis and inventories of the job(s) to be performed.
- Provision of instruction and support, either directly to co-workers and supervisors that will be sufficient to ensure that the employer’s essential needs are met.
- Advise on barrier removal, job modification and other/innovative forms of accommodation.
- Provision of long term support structures to the employer to ensure continued success of the employee.
- Technical assistance.